The All-on-4 treatment is developed to provide an efficient and effective restoration using only four implants to support an immediately loaded full-arch prosthesis. All-on-4 dental implants was developed in the 1990s as a way to best restore the full arches of the upper and lower jaws. The procedure uses only four implants to secure all teeth in place hence, the name All-on-4.
All-on-4 was developed by implant manufacturer Nobel Biocare .The All-on-4 procedure provides especially effective restoration of the upper jaw because longer and stronger implants can be secured in the back part of the jaw. All-on-Four is the solution for patients who want a fixed restoration of their teeth-in one day. The technique can be utlilised to allow those who are not candidates due to bone loss, restoring even the most difficult of smiles. Virtually all denture patients, those with failing crown and bridgework, and even those with severe bone loss from periodontal disease now have the option to get their smile back.
The All-on-Four technique here at Tracey Bell, basically takes advantage of the dense bone that remains in the front part of your jaws and by placing the two posterior implants on an angle to avoid the sinus cavities in the upper jaw and the nerve canal in the lower jaw. The procedure is of great benefit to you as it virtually eliminates the need for costly, time consuming bone grafts, and the prolonged healing time that accompanies such procedures, with the added bonus of it being virtually painless. Painless, cost effective and all done in the same day: we at Tracey Bell can definitely offer you something to smile about.
All-on-Four is our most affordable solution to replace your denture with fixed teeth. For many denture-wearing patients, implants were not possible due to the high cost. Now, with the All-on-Four fixed bridge technique, patients are able to get out of their uncomfortable denture, and once again have a beautiful set of teeth. The end result is a solid base to attach your new teeth that does not have to be removed. The procedure saves you time and money all with minimal discomfort. The All-On-Four procedure has a fantastic success rate of 98.2% when using the technique in the lower jaw.
The Benefits of All-On-Four at Tracey Bell:
- Affordable & attractive solution for missing teeth.
- Is a treatment option even when bone loss has occurred.
- Helps prevent further bone loss.
- Immediate function.
- Fixed prosthesis relieves the many frustrations of removable appliances.
- Gives you teeth immediately.
- Placement is done in just one appointment.
- Replaces your denture for a lifetime.
- Requires minimal recovery time.
- Reduces overall cost drastically when compared to single implants.
- Eliminates the need for bone grafting in most all cases.
- Allows for easy maintenance through proper oral hygiene.
- Restores the ability to eat all types of foods.
- Ensures long-term results with the potential to last a lifetime.
- Renews a youthful appearance through bone level stabilization.
- Creates a whole new smile in just one day.
- Enhances self-confidence and overall quality of life.
Virtually 95% of patients with or without teeth are candidates for the All-on-4 procedure. The All-On-4 Dental protocol requires no bone grafting for most patients, with a success rate that is equal to or better than traditional implants. We also perform virtual surgery before you are in the chair – meaning you will be able to see your results before the surgery, and each pre-planned step will be executed with the utmost precision. The All-on-4 procedure can save you from unnecessary surgery and discomfort, as well as time and money: definitely something for you to smile about.
As with any elective dental treatment, there are great benefits but there may also be risks involved. Our clinicians at Tracey Bell are more than happy to discuss any concerns with you.
- Pain and swelling may ensue in the implant area – this can be countered with ibuprofen or paracetamol
- Any operation involving anaesthetic can pose a risk to patients
- Possibility of blood loss or infection
- Strain of your jawbones can occur. If your bones are not strong enough to fuse with the implant, the whole procedure will fail and the job needs to be redone
- The dental implants will fail if they are not fitted properly. Make sure you have weighed up the pros and cons of All-On-Fours and discuss with your practitioners if they are appropriate for you
- It is important to choose a qualified dentist to perform your dental implant surgery. This will alleviate many sever side effects.